Hitting your daily protein goal is one way to ensure you keep muscle mass loss at bay. In addition to hitting the gym with a resistance training program, eating protein-rich foods is another way to protect your hard earned muscles. Try this Power Breakfast by T180 Member Rebecca. True 180 Personal Trainers will teach you what your personal daily protein goal is.
- 1/2 cup browned Lean Ground Turkey seasoned with Lower Sodium Taco Seasoning (this is roughly 4 oz.)
- 1/2 cup egg whites (roughly 4 egg whites)
- 1/4 cup 2% Mexican Shredded Cheese
- 1-2 tbsp. Light sour cream
- Optional: 1/4 of an avocado
Directions: Tip from T180 Lady Rebecca P. –>
You can brown and season several pounds of ground turkey on the weekends and freeze 1/4 cup each in individual freezer bags. I cook the eggs fresh each morning and add the other ingredients. I heat it up and eat it every morning at work. It is the ONLY way I am able to reach my protein goal every day.
You might also like many of the personal trainer approved recipes found here: Charlotte Personal Trainer Approved Recipes.
For a more in-depth article on preserving muscle mass check out this article HERE by Harvard Medical School.