Conventional Super Bowl food is greasy, carb loaded, full of sugar, and will leave your pants feeling a bit tight. The last thing most people want to do is compromise their hard work in the gym and clean eating at a party with just so-so food.
Here’s 5 recipes to help you have a great time while you avoid heart burn, weight gain and feeling like crap.
There are a lot of dips you can choose from: salsa, baba ganoush, and guacamole are favorites! A healthy dip is so easy because you can grab one at your local grocery store already made.
#2. Low-Carb Cheese Crackers (not to be confused with low calorie!)
4 slices (approximately 1 oz. each) cheddar cheese (pre-sliced from a grocery store )
1. Take cheese and fold into quarters (you end up with 4 pieces of cheese that are about ¼ the size of the original slice) and place on baking sheet that has been covered with a sheet of parchment paper.
For best results and crisp leave the unbaked cheese uncovered overnight in the refridgerator.
2. Preheat oven to 400 F.
3. Bake for about 8minutes.
For a crisper cracker – leave the cheese on the parchment paper for an hour or more to help it dry out. The longer it sits out the dryer it gets and the crisper your cracker.
#3. Raw veggies
This is very anticlimactic, but it’s also probably the easiest one to do. Pre-cut and packaged and goes great with any of the dips mentioned above.
4. Homemade Jalapeño Poppers (baked – not fried!)
It turns out that you don’t have to batter and deep fry a jalapeño to make it taste good.
Bacon (you can also use turkey bacon, and I guess some sort of veggie “bacon” would work too)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cut jalapenos in half and de-seed with a spoon.
3. Fill jalapeno halves with cream cheese.
4. Wrap 1/2 slice of bacon around each filled jalapeno, then secure with a toothpick.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the bacon starts to squeeze the cream cheese a bit (use a baking drip tray to let the grease drip off).
6. Eat. They are addictive.
5. Pineapple & Cream Crepes
Creamy, fresh, and naturally sweet!
Super thin slices of pineapple
1. Cut off top and bottom and sides of pineapple, and place in freezer for 10-15min. With a very sharp knife and careful technique, or preferably a mandolin (you can find one for a good price online).
2. Take a dollop of mascarpone
and put into center of pineapple, and roll around. Enjoy!
The True 180 team show normal people with hectic lives and average genetics how to create the bodies they want in the time they actually have. To find out more about the 10 Day Personal Training Experience here.